Wednesday, October 5, 2011
What Not to Say to a Parent of Preemie Multiples - Funny Post
Oh boy do I get attention! Not only are my girls adorable, I have two of them and I dress them in super cute clothes so naturally I get a ton of smiles and stares from others everywhere we go. The smiles I love but the comments that follow sometimes annoy me or just plain make me laugh! Here is a list I put together (with humor in my heart) of all the things we hear on a daily basis that you should just not say!
1. "Wow, you must have your hands full!" - okay seriously? Duh! Of course I do, but that was the 2 seconds when I forgot and was enjoying life.
2. "Awe, a boy and a girl!" - nope wrong! Why do you assume I have one of each when both my girls are dressed in pink? One time I had giant bows on their heads too, I turned to the woman and said, "Yes, I put a orange bow on my son's head!"
3. "They are SO small!" - if you only knew how small they were before you would never say that!
4. "My baby can..." - that's nice but my babies are preemies so I am giving them more time to meet those milestones.
5. "I know, I am SO tired from parenting a newborn." - unless you also have twins, have more then 3 kids or are in a wheel chair I really do not want to hear how tired you are with one baby. Honestly, you have no idea!
6. "You are so brave to be out." - why? I have babies not little monsters!
On the other hand, here are the comments that really make my day.
1. "Wow, you are a supermom!" - yes I am, thanks for noticing.
2. "I don't know how you do it, you are amazing" - thank you for recognizing that my two babies are harder then your singleton.3. "A double blessing!" - that is exactly how I see it!